Methi Chicken

Friday, May 25, 2012 0 comments
With no idea what to prepare for our lunch, I was squandering through my kitchen. When I opened the freezer I found a pack of chicken. I was relieved then. Anything done with chicken is sure to satiate his taste buds. I also found half a pack of frozen methi leaves. It was very less that I couldn’t do anything solely out f it. So I thought of making a gravy dish with methi leaves and chicken. Does this combination sound weird? Even I kept my fingers crossed until the dish was done. But to my surprise methi and chicken were a wonderful combo. The dish came out great. And here is my preparation method. You can also try replacing methi with others like spinach, beetroot leaves etc. Imagination is the key.


Ingredients
250 g chicken breast cubed
Small bunch of methi leaves finely chopped
1 medium sized onion, 1 medium sized tomato
1 ts  ginger garlic paste
1 ts coriander powder, ¼ ts turmeric powder, ¾ ts chilli powder
1 ts cumin powder, 1 ts fennel powder, ½ ts garam masala
2 ts cashew nut paste

Preparation

Boil chicken in pressure cooker with turmeric powder and salt.

Take a pan. Add oil and fry the methi leaves till its slightly crisp. Keep it aside.

In the same pan add oil. Add chopped onions and fry till slightly golden. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a while. Next add the tomato and keep frying them in a medium flame until the tomato is well cooked and oil oozes out. Add all the masala mentioned. Add the chicken pieces and give it a good toss. Add water if necessary. Now add the methi leaves. Mix everything well and let it boil for a while until the gravy is considerably thickened.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

©Copyright 2011 Cooking simplified! | TNB