Spinach | Palak Dosa

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 0 comments
I loved having drumstick leaves dosa back in my childhood days when my mom used to make it quite often. For a long time, I wanted to give it a try making it myself but there's no availability of drumstick leaves in my place. It was only recently it struck me, why dont I make the same with spinach leaves. Ya, I did give it a try immediately and it came out fabulous. For a person like me who looks for every opportunity to sneak spinach into the diet, this is surely one interesting and perfect way. There's no looking back now. I am sure I'll be making this quite often. 

Ingredients
2 cups dosa batter
2 cups packed spinach leaves
1 ts pepper powder (coarsely ground)
1 ts cumin powder (coarsely ground)
1/4 ts hing
Oil as per need

Preparation

Bring a cup of water to a boil in a small pot. Add the chopped spinach leaves and continue boiling it till all spinach wilts away. Switch off flame now. Close the pot and let it cool down.

After its cooled take the spinach leaves (leaving the water away) in a blender and grind it coarsely by just giving it a pulse. If you wish you may grind it to a smooth paste. You may use the leftover water to dilute the dosa batter. 

(Alternatively, you could chop the spinach very fine and add it directly to the dosa batter without the need for wilting and blending. That is the way drumstick leaves dosa is done where the leaves are directly added to the batter.)

Now add the spinach leaves, hing, freshly and coarsely ground pepper and cumin powder to the dosa batter. Mix it well. Dilute the batter with little water if you may need it.

The batter is now ready and spinach dosa is ready to be prepared! Prepare in the same way as you do a normal dosa. 

We had it with coconut chutney and it was Yum!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

©Copyright 2011 Cooking simplified! | TNB